Artikel (engels) Tig-lassen van plaatwerk zonder trekken

Auteur Topic: Artikel (engels) Tig-lassen van plaatwerk zonder trekken  (gelezen 4284 keer)

Offline CM

• Volledig forum lid
Artikel (engels) Tig-lassen van plaatwerk zonder trekken
« Gepost op: 19 maart 2012, 13:38:18 »
ik kwam dit artikel een tijdje geleden tegen op het metalmeet forum (internationaal metaalbewerkings forum voornamelijk voor plaatstaal)
mijn excuses voor het engels maar het is een copy/paste en ik heb geen zin/tijd om alles te vertalen.

mijn vraag was eigenlijk of er iemand bekend is met deze methode?! heb m zelf nog nooit toegepast, maar was benieuwd naar de reacties hier.
het komt van een ouwe (bekende) rot in de plaatbewerking industrie..

I have never shown my welding methods here I guess. I see a lot of you using to big of tungstens for the process so I thought I would tell you how I do it. Might help some of you that want to learn a new or different aproach to welding sheetmetal.

I use an old Lincoln IdealArc 300/300 welder. No fancy settings.
For 18 ga., 19 ga. I use a 1/16" dia. tungsten. 2% theoriated. Sharp.
20 ga. I use a .040" dia. tungsten of same type.

Amperage set at around 135 - 140. for the 1/16 tungsten And weld with that full amperage. Pedal way down. This is just under the amperage that will melt that size tungsten. This is the settings for welding this door I show below.

The reason for this is that a tungsten will carry the current the best just before it melts. The arc will be very stable and smooth at that amperage.

Now you won't be using the pedal to control the amperage. Only to start the arc and gas. Just smash it clear down.
Your travel speed will control the heat needed to make the weld.

I will show a buick door I just welded. The door is 48" long and totaly flat long ways.

I formed the new lower half of the door panel. Then filed the edge till fit up was good.
Lined the new patch up and clamped one end. Then went along from that clamped end every 1 1/2" with tacks. The tacks were so small that they don't even blue the metal. Use no filler to make them.

There will be no need to hammer any of these tacks for they are so small that they don't shrink or warp the sheets at all. After tacked full length this way I added one more in between all of those.

Now it was ready to weld. My brother was there and he decided to time me on the long weld. (He is always amazed at my welding sheetmetal)
I welded the whole 48 inch seam in 2 1/2 minutes. Fast. I use no filler rod.
I use both hands to control the torch.

The welds done this way will not warp the sheet at all. There will be no hammering of this weld. Only a light sanding of just the weld on both sides. The weld is flat with no under cut at all on welded side and a very slight hollow in center of weld on back side.

Here is a couple shots of that weld right after I finished it. Haven't touched it with any hammer or anything yet. My camera makes it look like the weld is sticking up but it isn't. It is very flat. I need a camera that will take close up shots. My camera gets fuzzy if I get any closer then these pic. The door hasn't warped at all. still flat as can be long ways.

Commentaar van de moderator Foto's opgehaald en geplaatst, bij voorkeur graag op onze server uploaden, zie voor uitleg dit topic.
Denk aan het milieu, misschien is het niet nodig dit bericht te printen.

Welkom gast! De reacties in topics zijn verborgen voor gasten. Je mist op dit moment 13 reacties. Registreer jezelf of login om de reacties te bekijken.